Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where am I? What Time is it?



I'm home!

I'm also completely jet lagged. Or perhaps just worn out from the last few days of near constant running around, catching trains, planes and automobiles. I want nothing more than to go nowhere and do nothing. Home is such a great place for that.

Of course, I do have this blog of mine, don't I... I should post something.

So I'm gearing up to get back into the kitchen. Well mentally, you know, since I'm still lying prostrate on my sofa in a daze. I have so many things I want to recreate from my trip. Of course, I lack any fresh ingredients and I'm not ready to crawl out of my home into the bright, confusing daylight just yet. Besides, I still have at minimum of three days worth of NSHP contest pies to post and I need to photograph the Moroccan mystery prize and talk how we're going to choose the winner. After a brief rest, I'll get back into the routine of blogging and posting those.

Til then, how about a few pretty desserts from a French riad in Morocco for the vicarious foodies? Avocat en sorbet, coulis de fruits frais, brochettes de fruits, sauce caramel au sesame, nems fourrée a la rose, mousse au chocolat noir "guanaja".

Translation: Avocado sorbet with strawberry. Fruit skewers with a sesame caramel sauce. Rose water pastry cream wrapped in a spring-roll wrapper and deep fried, then drizzled with a chocolate sauce. Finally chocolate mousse, for the little one since she would survive solely on chocolate if given the opportunity.

That's my girl.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're home safely! Rest up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm all those things look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, what delicious photos!! Yum yum! Avocado sorbet sounds quite fantastic - would love to give it a try!

    Welcome back home and I sincerely hope the jet leg will soon leave your side and you'll be able to indulge in some baking very very soon hehe

    What are YOU thankful for? Come share a story and win a little thankful something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you will be providing a recipe for that Avocado sorbet. It looks amazing. As soon as your recover of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Miss Humble. Little Humble sure is a prodigy :) I'm visiting UK too. Just jumped off a train from Edinburgh to Windermere. Will post some stuff too, especially all about the trip to the Lakeland headquarters tomorrow! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sorbet looks like such an interesting pairing and so visually appealing... glad to hear you made it home in one piece (if a bit worse for the wear!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back to the usa!
    eagerly await the final pie posts & your adventures while abroad!
    psst: i with little h!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails